79 Years Old
United States, Texas, Austin
(Bio that will be used only for this event)
Robert J (Dr. Bob) Rubel PhD
Dr. Bob, an author, educator and photographer is an educational sociologist and researcher by training. Committed to writing and teaching, he has written three books on Master/slave topics, two books on BDSM mastery, one book on communication strategies, two books on advanced sex techniques, one book on fire play, and three erotic art photo books. Additionally, he has produced two educational DVDs: one on fire play and one on beginning impact play.
Recipient of the 2008 Pantheon of Leather's Community Choice Award (man), Dr. Bob has been involved in the BDSM and Total Power Exchange (TPE) scenes since the summer of 2001, throwing himself into the literature of the field as though it were an academic study. He presents, judges, and sells his books at weekend kink conferences throughout the year.
Current books in print
- 2020 Books, with co-author The Goddess Indigo
- In One Ear and Out The Other: Essential Guide for Effective Communication
- Safe, Sexy, and Consensual: Creating Magic in the Dungeon
- The BDSM Mastery Series, with co-author M. Jen Fairfield:
- BDSM Mastery—Basics: your guide to play, parties, and scene protocols.
- BDSM Mastery—Relationships: a guide for creating mindful relationships for Dominants and submissives
- The Master/slave Mastery Series, with co-author M. Jen Fairfield:
- Master/slave Master: Updated handbook of concepts, approaches, and practices
- Master/slave Mastery—Advanced: Refining the fire—ideas that matter
- Master/slave Mastery—Protocols: Focusing the intent of your relationship